GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification - four letters that change everything. This is the strictest and most recognized certification for textiles made from organic fibers, which guarantees the cultivation of cotton without GMOs, without chemicals (artificial fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides) and follows every step from the cotton field to the final product. We are proud that all our products on the Zdravetricko.cz e-shop have GOTS certification, and thus exceed the legislative requirements for textile quality in the European Union and the Czech Republic.
GOTS certification guarantees:
- Fulfillment of the highest ethical (Fair Trade) requirements.
- Meeting the highest ecological requirements, from the seed to the final product.
- Cultivation without the use of GMO (genetically modified) seeds.
- No chemicals are used in the entire process from cotton growing, harvesting, weaving, dyeing, to the final product. In the products, you will not find pesticides, heavy metals, and other substances that are commonly found in conventional cotton.
- Adherence to social working conditions based on ILO (International Labor Organization) and UN principles throughout the production process.
- Checking and certification of new producers, processors and traders is carried out by an independent body in the GOTS system, which aims primarily to provide consumers with a guarantee of confidence when choosing certified products.
- GOTS certification is the only one that requires certificate holders to provide laboratory test reports during control audits, proving that the cotton used is free of GMOs and traces of pesticides and other toxic chemicals. These tests are complicated and expensive, but it is the only way to make sure that the cotton is really natural and harmless.
The GOTS certificate exists in two variants:
- Organic textile - there are at least 95% of fibers with an origin certified as "organic" or "organic-in-conversion", 5% is then reserved for the use of inorganic additives, but with very strict regulation - no genetically modified substances (GMO) or mixing of fibers of the same type (this means that you cannot combine e.g. organic cotton with conventional cotton). This 5% is most often used for adding elastane (lycra) in products subject to high loads such as underwear and sportswear.
- Made of "X" % organic materials - in these products, we find at least 70% of yarn with "organic" or "organic-in-conversion" certification, the GOTS certificate reserves another 30% for the use of inorganic additives with very strict regulations - a maximum of 10% is taken up by recycled or synthetic materials (for socks, leggings and sportswear 25%), no materials of genetically modified origin (GMO) can be used and again it is not allowed to combine fibers of the same type, e.g. organic cotton and conventional cotton.